SOP/ Personal Statement
A Personal Statement or Statement of Purpose is a one or one-half page essay (not to exceed 5,200 characters) that gives dental schools a clear picture of who you are, and why you want to pursue an advanced standing program in the U.S.
5 main points for your Personal Statement
- What inspired you to be a dentist?/ Why dentistry
- It must depict your qualities as a dentist, for example, empathetic, dextrous, teamplayer (it’s better to give examples for your qualities rather than mentioning ‘I am empathetic’)
- Your experiences in the U.S., what you learned, and how it affected your goals
- Why do you want to be a dentist in the U.S.
- Your short and long term goals
- Check out the in Inner Circle
- Read a sample essay here: